  From: Kenneth Moorman
  To: 'Randy Downs'
  Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:38 PM
  Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Fw: Err Pl2

  Hi Randy,

  I would be quite interested in what you found regarding this problem.  I
encountered the same problem yesterday after having my KRX3 for about 2 months.
 It only would give the error message you mentioned when trying to get the sub
to either of those two bands.  Following a suggestion in the owner's manual
under the error codes, I did a CONFIG:VCO MD CAL, and it began to work on 10M,
still failing on 12M.  At the conclusion of the CAL routine, however, it gives
the error code "ERR VCO   E00228".  I have sent info this to Elecraft to see
what I should do next and expect to hear back tomorrow.  But I would love to
know what you have found as the problem seems the same as mine.  Thanks for any
insight.

  73,

  Ken, NU4I