Von: Hugo pa4la [mailto:pa...@pi4cc.nl]
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 11:10
An: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Betreff: [Elecraft] K3 Request VFO round freq when coarse tune

K3 FW feature request:

Freq rounding when coarse tune as an option

Rounding of frequencies for digits smaller than the step size when using
coase tuning.

Perhaps independent settings for mode and/or depending on frequency range.

VFO_OFS=ON, using rit/xit when off for coarse tune

Example rounding:

Mode AM, coarse step 1khz

Freq 7012.45 when using coarse tune I see 7013.45, 7014.45 etc for the next
steps

It would be nice to see 7013.00, 7014.00.

Same as on 10mtr FM 5 khz coarse.

First you have to tune the vfo to the round freq (channel), only then you
can effectively use coarse tune to hop through the channels.

An extra feature could be automatic "channel" frequency set within a part of
the spectrum

The European Medium wave band is a good example, 9khz channels beginning at
531Khz ending 1620Khz

BC, CB, 10mtr FM and even some digimodes on 20m are more examples

Coarse tune could be a nice operational feature to quickly scan "canalized"
activity on a band.

But.. well. when I read this..I get a dejavu.

I talk about the channel encoder function as on my gd old TS850.

Could that "tool" be implemented pse?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo pa4la