The antenna switch is in the KAT3.  If you connect the BNC rather than the coax
to the tuner the switching function is not in the circuit.  The switching as it
is designed appears to me to be only for the two SO239 connectors.  I installed
my BNC connector, but connected the coax that goes to the KAT3.  An option that
allows any of the three connectors to be connected by a menu function would be
welcomed by me but is not available at this time as  far as I can determine.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ