I have recently recieved a K3 and am trying to perform the Firmware upgrade.
When I plug in the USB to my laptop, it recognizes the Prolific drivers and
says that the hardware is installed and ready to use.  When I try to select the
Port assignment in the K3 Utility, it reads the correct port that the USB is
plugged into.  (I have tried different port locations to confirm, the K3
Utility updates the different ports each time)  When I select Test
Communications it displays with the K3 Not Responding.

Is there something I am missing?  The manual (instructions) do not mention
needing to have the K3 in some particular configuration, other than plugging in
the RS232 and turning it on.

Oh Great K-Rig Oracle - Please enlighten me!!!

Cheers,
Colin - AC0S