The K3's receiver antenna in connector is a BNC connector.

You might find an adapter at Radio Shack. You don't need a gold-plated one
for this application, but Radio Shack part # 278-303 is a gold BNC to RCA
phono adapter.  You could fasten that to the K3's back panel and plug an RCA
male-to-male connector between your K9AY loop box and this adapter.

I have a surplus place in my town that has many odds and ends of cables with
various connectors.  I'd rummage around one of those places if you have one
in your neighborhood.

I search around using "male BNC female RCA adapter" as the search argument
and found a fair number of hits.

I've never shopped at these places, though.

http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=5435

http://www.smarthome.com/7809RB1/BNC-Male-to-RCA-Female-Adapter-2127/p.aspx

http://www.shopwiki.com/search/RCA+Female+to+BNC+Male+Adapter

http://www.trianglecables.com/200-173.html

If you look around you may even find a cable of the appropriate length for
your situation that has a male RCA connector on one end for the K9AY loop
box and a male BNC on the other for the K3 receive antenna.  Or as you say,
you can make up a cable.

If you're making up your own cable, there are instructions on installing BNC
connectors in the ARRL handbook.

GL & 73 de Dick, K6KR