From: KM5Q <k...@mac.com>
Subject: RE:[Elecraft] K3 as a SW receiver
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 1:13 AM

For AM SW listening be sure to get the "FM" filter (13 kHz). It gives

you the width you need for the audio bandwidth you expect. The normal
SSB filter (I have the 2.8) is too restricting for AM.

However, I find that switching mode from AM to SSB reduces severe
fading and distortion, much like AM synchronous detection does (fills
in the missing carrier). It's a good technique, at least until synch
detection is implemented in the firmware.

Windy KM5Q
K3 #764