On Dec 31, 2008, at 2:54 PM, dalspa...@comcast.net wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue and have been for a while. It occurs for me without being in the text mode. Lyle says he is aware of it and is working on a solution. I think it has gotten worse in recent releases. I tried this morning turning the drive down to two or less bars, which used to fixed it, but now I can't get rid of it if there is any drive at all.

I have just sent Iain a couple of screenshots of the waveform from his "crackle" recording and they definitely show up as envelope glitches.

73
Chen, W7AY