Doug:

I can confirm that changing back to the earlier revision levels and reducing the MIC level to 1 or 2 ALC bars eliminated the crackling noise on my unit.

First I reloaded just the two 1.96 DSP files and that did the trick. Then I thought better of it and also reloaded the 2.67 MCU and 0.02 FPF files.

Thanks for the tip Doug. This will hold me over until Lyle and Wayne fix it permanently.

73,
Mike K2MK

[Elecraft] K3 Overdrive using RTTY
Doug Alspaugh
Fri, 02 Jan 2009 06:04:00 -0800

Lyle,

With the current (276/198) I am not able to adjust the sound card input for
clean signal no matter how low I set the drive. I get the clicking sound in
the
monitor output and if I listen on a second rig I can hear clicking by tuning
just off freq. I also tried 273/198 and got the same results. However I can
get
a clean output using 267/196. Takes very careful adjustment. I get one solid
bar and one flickering bar on the ALC meter. One more click of input from
the
sound card and the clicking starts. With the proper adjustment the output
sonds
clean on my second radio.

73 Doug N3QW