I think to rank rigs for any one person the operating style or what are the most important goals are

necessary to consider. This isn't a weird thought, but often overlooked. One friend adds to this "does

it feel good"?  Good point.

My main interest is CW with SSB decreasing as time moves on, but the digital modes increasing in interest.

Once it was about contesting, both phone and CW. Interest changes and where MOMT/MOST was the thing

years ago it's more single bands now and with lower power.

DXing has been and still is my main interest and particular weak signal DX. remembering the sun doing

it's thing or not doing it's thing, hi.

So I'll give an example from my prospective and the technology is time related as we all know even in the

near term. 1-10 with 10 the top. BTW, reliability is always high on any of my lists. Service is

important and Ten-Tec/Elecraft are the best in my opinion. Recall everything breaks in time!

IC-765 = 7.5

IC-756II = 6 or perhaps a 5. I hear ProIIIs are much higher from folks I trust.

FT-1 = 7.5  a few years back, but a great rig.

FT-1000MP = 8

FT-1000D = 7.5

FT-950 = 7.5

Omni VI+ = 8.5

Omni V = 6

TS-480 = 7

Orion I = 9 (Latest version)  Super radio

Orion II = 9

Omni VII = 8.5

K2 = 8.5

K3 = 9.5

The K3 is super sitting beside the Orion.  Congrats to Elecraft.

Finally, I truly believe our country has the best and innovative technology and not slamming other

countries. I'm biased, but take a look at the numbers above.. who makes them? This is not

just radios, it's everything but keeping in mind this country is a product of many other folks from

all over the world.  My opinion of course.

Lynn, W4NL