When you turn on the rig, do you hear a pop?  Or the same when you power
down?

As much as I hate to admit it, my speaker was not working when I got it.  I
only knew, as was building K3#1931 along with another fellow building his.
We plugged in his speaker and all was OK!!!

But the fine folks at ELECRAFT shipped one out the next day, plugged it in,
and all is right with world.  Sounds as if your config is properly done.

cleve/W5CEM