Thomas Bingenheimer wrote:
> I have been using several programs (Cocoamodem, mostly) to do PSK31, via Data
> A. Instead of being able to use the full 4khz waterfall bandwidth available
> in,
> say, Cocoamodem, I have been limited to the available width in the only filter
> I had in the rig, the 2.7 khz 5-pole appeared to limit me to about 2.7 khz.
> So,
> I added the 6 khz filter, set it up for SSB (and enable ESSB, 4.0 khz). I now
> show 3 khz (500 to 3500 hz) in the waterfall. I suspect I have overlooked
> something, but it is not clear to me what. Does anybody have any idea? Thanks!

> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm Elecraft web page:
> http://www.elecraft.com

Hello Tom,

I had the same basic idea, but to use the 6 kHz wide flter for receive in USB
mode
for use with the "wide" bandwidth setting of WSJT, to be able to search a wider
bandwidth for callers on EME.  I tried to set the USB filter bandwidth to use
the
6 KHz, but whenever I tried to XMIT I got an error.  Apparently the widest
filter
permitted for SSB XMIT is 2.7 KHz, and this setting also somehow restricts the
receive filter capability also.

I have not figured it out yet for sure, but it seems that there currently is no
way to open up the width of the receiver in USB past 4 kHz :-(  It would sure
be
more flexible  if there turns out to be some way to permit wider filter
possibilities in receive!

Please let me know if you discover some way to do this - I am sure there are
others besides us who also would be interested in this option!  TNX and GL!  VY
73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73