Don and the group,

  I have not yet solved this problem, but upon further troubleshooting a
recurrent theme seems to be that the clock signal (SCK), which appears at pin
18 of MCU U6, pin 6 of EEPROM U7 and pin 10 of U8 on the control board, as well
as pin 1 of DAC U5 on the RF board is constantly 5 volts when, according to the
voltage charts, it should be 0 volts.

  Further, the /DAC2CS value at pin 19 of the MCU U6 (control board), which is
also at pin 3 of U5 (RF board) is 0 volts when it should be 5 volts.

  The only other anomalous voltage values on MCU U6 are 0.1 volt on SRDIN pin
33 instead of the listed 5 volts, and 0.2 volt on /SR RD pin 38 instead of the
listed 1.2 volts in the chart.

  So my question is, what controls the SCK value on pin 18 of the MCU U6?  In
other words, I assume that there is another pin on U6 that controls whether pin
18 is high or low.  If not, should I assume that the MCU is bad because it
always reads high?

  Many thanks to anyone willing to wade through all this!

 -- Dave WB4JTT