In a recent message, wayne burdick <n...@elecraft.com> wrote ...
>The short version is: put 1/8-W (or larger), 470-ohm resistors from
>each speaker output to ground. (The actual value isn't critical;
>anything from 330 to 1000 ohms would probably work just as well.) This
>can be done conveniently on the KIO3's audio daughter board, at its
>single-row, right-angle male connector.

I see that the AF mod application note at
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/AF_Output_Mod_Rev_A.pdf
is somewhat different to what you describe, Wayne.  The 470 ohm
resistors appear to be in different places of the circuit.  Does this
come to the same thing, or are the two resistors from each speaker
output to ground also necessary?

73
--
David G4DMP