I was thinking about acquiring either the 250 8
pole or the 200 5 pole.  Any thoughts?
Dana, K6NR

Hello Dana. At my noisy QTH in Fairbanks, I often use the 200 Hz filter at a
BW of 100 to 200 on 160M. I have both the 500 and 200 filters, but to get
the QRN down, and maybe improve the S/N, the narrow filter and setting is
best on what is often weak DX for me. On my small city lot I use a rotatable
receiving loop (Wellbrook), which can hear better than my Inv-L most times.

Also play with the AGC Slope (~3), Threshold (~6-8), CW pitch (~450-600 Hz),
and filter insertion loss compensation (~4-6 db) to peak the weak sigs.  I
put the AGC settings on the PF 1-2 buttons for ready access as changes are
often required depending upon the condx.

73 Gary NL7Y