  From: Tim
  To: Chuck - AE4CW
  Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
  Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Condx

  Chuck et. al.,

  Yes, 20m was really sparse today EXCEPT I worked a YS3 (a new one for me) at
around 2100z and a JH9 at 2300Z with my K3 @ 5 watts cw to an inverted L.
Sometimes weird (and poor ) condx can be surprising!

  Tim K5OI
  Ruidoso, NM

  On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Chuck - AE4CW <ae...@att.net> wrote:

    Yes, 20m seems highly variable the last few days, but between 14:00 and
15:00
    UTC today, I managed seven stations on SSB over a big chuck of Europe and
    bypassed a number of Italians. Later in the day Liberia and Brazil came up.
    Not too impressive but better than I've heard in a few days.  The antenna
    was a Cushcraft R5 vertical, not the strongest, and 100 watts in an S6-7
    noise environment.

    Chuck, AE4CW