The D-104 is an excellent microphone for the K2 (and K3), Tom.  Because
the ceramic/crystal element is high impedance, your best way of testing
it is to wire it up and try it.  The pre-set gain control will need to
turned fairly well down.

Connect it to the 8-way plug:
                WHITE (or CLEAR) to pin 1 (audio)
                RED to pin 2 (press to talk)