Jack Smith-6 wrote:

> As I understand it, the K3 switches to a different input bandpass filter
> at 10.000 MHz which I believe is the source of the artifact. You will
> get a cleaner response with K3 Filter if the test signal is not at 10 MHz.

I don't know about this but I find my K3 switches the filter and band at
9MHz. I tried using 9MHz just now to verify this. The mode changed as I
moved from 9MHz to just above. I don't understand why but the mode changed
from USB just below 9MHz to TX data just above it. Odd. This does not happen
when you spin the dial so perhaps a bug in Mikes program.

I also found another bug. The AGC was turned off and I was supposed to set
the centre frequency. The audio was so loud that it was distorted badly and
the volume would not decrease with the pot, even the radio power off switch
failed to work. I had to cut the signal to regain control.

I have noticed that the K3 audio into the loudspeaker does distort very
badly indeed but stopping the important controls working was a surprise.
Power off should do just that, always, no delay no debate.

Mike