Allan Bacon wrote:

> Every Sunday:  Elecraft SSB Net on 14.316 at 1800 UTC

almost zero copy here in central west texas,
I heard an Alabama station checking in early in the net,
but since then only my S5 noise floor and the heterodyne
from that dang am signal on 14.317.50
even with an out board notch filter and headphones thrown in the mix,
all I can get is an occasional word, or maybe that's my imagination?

antenna is a 13 foot tall Hi-Q 5/160 vertical on a 2nd floor roof
with 16 radials each 13 foot long (ring wire soldered to the outer ends)
rigs used were K2 #2481 and even tried the TS-450

so much for that...
--
GB & 73
KA5OAI