Bob Evans-6 wrote:

> I generally stayed below 350 hz BW for most of the weekend.  I
> like my 500 hz filter, but I may actually have talked myself into getting
> the 250 hz filter to fill my remaining slot.
Up until now I thought the 500hz filter was all anybody really needed in
tough contest conditions.  This was partly based on 4 years of experience
with an Orion/600hz roofing filter.  But I have finally become a "believer"
in the narrow cw roofing filter (I've got 500hz and 200hz in my K3 main/sub)
after this weekend's contest.  I left my K3 at 200hz for a large part of the
contest.

The K3 performed phenomenally, although QSK subrx audio was a bit noisy due
to protection relay switching on/off (Beverage ants are 100-200ft away from
tx antenna).

73,
Barry N1EU