Gentlemen,

A few days ago I was messing around with the K3 (as usual) and having set the
AF gain
control at about 11 O'clock with the AGC set for fast I wondered what would the
audio
results be if I switched "OFF" the AGC with that particular setting.

BIG MISTAKE! When the AGC is OFF the resulting audio thru the speaker almost
blew out
my left-eardrum!!! In other rigs that was never a concern because it would never
happen (PERIOD!)

Why such a HUGE difference in audio between "on/off" states of (AGC) in the
K3???

A "K3" Greenhorn,

Jim/nn6ee
S/N 2406