We originally did this, Bill, but here's the problem. Those new to the
K3 sometimes forget that VFO B scrolls the menu entry and VFO A
modifies the parameters. If the last-selected menu entry is in effect
on power-up, you can inadvertently change something important by
spinning VFO A. We initialize the menus to benign entries (MAIN:LCD BRT
and CONFIG:FW REVS) so there's no consequence of mixing up the two
knobs.

There are many subtleties to user interface design, and it'll never be
perfect for everyone. I feel that this is an important design choice
that should remain in place.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

Bill Johnson wrote:

> Could the state of the Menu's be left at last position when turning
> the rig
> on and off?  Right now it appears they revert back to the beginning.  I
> would like to resume where I left off when I turn the rig on.

---

http://www.elecraft.com