Gary Smith wrote:

> I am wondering how I, without all those varieties of test gear can
> determine if indeed there is a significant offset that exists with
> the 8 pole filters in my K3 and if it exists to know how much it + or
> - it is.

Feed the K3's audio into your pc's sound card and run a spectrum analysis
program.  Check for symmetry in the passband response around your sidetone
frequency (cw filters).  Observe while varying the offset.  A small amount
of asymmetry is no problem but it shouldn't be noticeably skewed to one
side. (set K3 dsp width=filter width)

73,
Barry N1EU