Ron,

We haven't been able to reproduce this (yet).

Are you using the latest beta release (2.82)? It includes a menu entry
called CONFIG:AFSK TX. If you set it to FIL ON, you'll have a 400-Hz
filter around the RTTY transmit tones. Please try that. It should clean
up noise, if that's the issue.

I still don't see how DUAL PB could have anything to do with it. When
you get a chance, please send me your entire receiver setup.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Feb 13, 2009, at 6:41 PM, Ron W3ZV wrote:

> I am working the CQ WPX contest. K3 & FL-7000 amp at about 300W. When I
> engage the dual passband filter, I hear a rough buzz, which sounds like
> RFI, on my monitored transmit signal. When I disengage the DPF, my
> signal sounds clean in the monitor. I continue to make contacts, but a
> contest is not a great place for critical signal reports. Any clues?
>
> Ron W3ZV

---

http://www.elecraft.com