Thanks for all the interesting comments to my "not so Quick Split" post.  At
the end of the day I'm still left believing that in the Split configuration
displayed with TX on VFO B and RX on the larger VFO A, that there should be a
way to always display the transmit frequency and especially while transmitting.
 In fact, unless I'm missing something as a newbie to the K3, the transmit
frequency is not displayed while transmitting on CW and may not be displayed in
the VFO B area while sitting idle.  On my K3 the CW text decoder is in the VFO
B display area of the LCD unless I touch the VFO B knob.  An option that would
allow the CW decoder to be shut off so the transmit frequency can be displayed
would be a fix that might wake me (us?) up before actually transmitting on an
unintended frequency.   The text decoder is a nice feature but probably isn't
as important to CW DXer's during the heat of chasing a hot one.  On SSB the
transmit frequency is always displayed on VFO B thus th
 is issue goes away.

The other split method using the RIT/XIT buttons does switch to displaying the
XIT frequency when on the air.  I don't like to use this split method because
it's too quick for me and I find transmitting on the wrong frequency is a
greater posibility.

I'm sure to get it someday but in the meantime my appologies for keeping the
LID police busier than I should.  Being old fashion, liking to know where I am
transmitting all the time is comforting.

73, John, W1QS, ex N6JL, ex K1KTH