The software fix works extremely well. I haven't found a single birdie yet that I couldn't handle. Done properly, they go completely away.

I'm curious, though ... did adding the KRX3 accentuate the birdies compared with how it was before you added it? I built my K3 and installed the KRX3 all at once before I checked for birdies so I don't have a comparison, but I have suspected that there are stronger birdies with the KRX3 than without it. The most obvious reason would be the additional TMP cables, but I'm not sure that's the culprit. I half suspect that the shield of the KRX3 (which does an excellent job for the KRX3) couples signals to the main receiver. I used a wide flat blade screwdriver to short the shield of the KRX3 shield to the case while monitoring the birdies, and I found that the birdies were VERY sensitive to where on the KRX3 shield I did that. It's possible that the screwdriver blade was acting as sort of an antenna, but I doubt it since the birdies always decreased in strength when I found the right spot ... I never found a spot where the birdies increased in strength as a result of my playing with the screwdriver.

73,
Dave   AB7E

Robert Dorchuck wrote:
I recently installed the KRX3 and seem to have some of the birdie problems
others have noted, the loudest on 14.186.7 (S3).  The others are masked
when connected to an antenna and are not a problem.
I have tried adjusting the cables and saw some improvement but it will
not be a solution as Wayne noted.  Has anyone tried the test firmware
that Wayne mentioned a week or so ago?
Thanks all,
Bob  W6VY