I don't think this has been mentioned before, I did a quick search of
the list.

Here is my firmware request :)

In order to adjust the AFX properties, you have to go into the
menu.  It isn't that easy in the heat of the battle.  The AFX button
is also the DATA MODE button if it is pressed and held.  However, in
SSB and CW modes, you aren't in a data mode so a N/A is
displayed.  Why not make this a short cut to the AFX settings
menu?  If you are in a non-data mode, then pressing and holding AFX
will allow you to change the AFX delay or BIN settings.