The noise blanker on my K2 is _very_ effective at eliminating the
power-line noise in the area. Many time with it off the noise level is
around S9 or higher and unless signals are very loud I just can't hear
them. Turn on the NB, and the noise disappears and I hear signals.
When I first got the K2 with the NB several years ago I had the same
questions as you. Then the power-line noise problems started, and I
quickly found out. I just wish whoever is responsible for the PL noise
would be just as responsive in getting rid of them...

I haven't found the setting yet  for the K3 blankers that provide the
same effect, but it should be there.

Keep looking at various periodic noise environments, you will find a
use for the blanker.

On Feb 28, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Brett Gazdzinski wrote:

> I have the noise blanker in my K2, and I have yet to find a noise it
> does
> anything with.
> It seems to have no impact at all on the receiver, no matter what
> settings.
>
> I did remove the bypass jumper, but it does not act like it....
>
> Is it supposed to be noticeable at all with it on?
>
> Brett
> N2DTS

-Jack Brindle, W6FB