Joe has already provided one reason why there is little point in using the
computer soundcard for receive and the K3 DSP for transmit. As he said, it
would be much more difficult to ensure that TX and RX are both on precisely
the same frequency as if the soundcard was doing both, and they do need to
be spot on or the other guy will miss the start of your over while his
software locks on to it.

One of the changes I will be implementing in the next version is a waterfall
to allow CW signals to be "spotted" by clicking on a waterfall. However,
that is useful because a) KComm does not decode CW for itself (I have given
up trying to make that work) and b) it is also useful for people who decode
CW for ear.

My experience has shown that the computer sound card PSK31 Core DLL does a
better job of decoding data when signals are weak than the K3 DSP does. In
other words, if you have a computer sound card available it is pointless to
use it for just a waterfall and not let it do the decoding as well. If this
was not the case then what you are suggesting might be worth implementing.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.g4ilo.com/blog.html G4ILO's
Blog    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3