Erik N Basilier wrote:

> I am very familiar with the internals of computers, more than enough to
> know that these behaviors can be expected unless one pointedly designs
> to eliminate them, and that *can* be done. There is no fundamental

One factor to consider here is that the flash memory has a limited write
cycle life time, typically in the range of 100,000 to 1,000,000 cycles.
  That means that you don't want to write every change back immediately.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to