From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Nick-WA5BDU
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 7:34 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Power off settings: ANT1 / ANT2

Speaking of the powering down housekeeping routines, here's one I
wondered about a while back.  Maybe it's a proposal ...

I generally just use the ANT1 connector and do my antenna switching and
disconnecting ahead of that, externally.  ANT 2 is currently connected
to my dummy load.  Assuming the antenna relays remain latched in their
last selected position when off, it might be a good enhancement to have
the rig switch to a defined position when OFF, as an option.  In many
cases, that could provide modest protection against lightning induced
transients entering the rig.

Not as good as disconnecting, but better than being solidly connected,
in my opinion.

73--Nick, WA5BDU