Ron, I just bought a second user Heil Goldline GM5 mic today. The
previous owner had ripped off the 8 way "Kenwood" connector and I
couldn't find one quickly, so I just made off a short lead to a 3.5mm
mono jack plug and covered the joint in heatshrink. I already use a foot
switch wired into the accessory plug.

I am finding the GM5 mic seems to lack output and needs both a high gain
getting on the K3 and also needs me to talk very close to the microphone
(both on the wide and narrow inserts). I think I will soon tire of it
and go back to a Sony DAT recording mic that is better and cost less!

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
-----------------

I own s/n 1997 and am currently using the Heil Proset mic/headphone on the
front with a Kenwood cable. It works fine.

I'd like to connect my HM-10 Heil mic with the 4/5 cartridge on the rear of
the radio. I'm sure someone has done this. I am going to make a cable with
a 4 pin female XLR connector on one end, and a 1/4 inch mono plug on the
other end to the radio.

Since the settings for the mic gain, bias and front/rear will need to be
changed each time I want to switch mics, what is the most elegant way to
save these settings; on software? And change the settings without too much
hassle? I don't think I want to go in manually every time. Is there a way
the radio can remember these settings without the computer?

I'm also planning on connecting a Heil mic on/off foot pedal to the rear
connector.

73,

Ron

AE6RH