The KRC2 has on-chip pullups that handle the task. They are enabled
whenever the
KRC2 is in BCD input mode. Thus external pullups are NOT needed for
the KRC2.

The inputs are resistor-protected in case the driving device does
power the pullups. We spec
those inputs only for the TTL voltage range.

-Jack Brindle, W6FB