Hi Gang,

I have another rig (non-Elecraft) with an internal keyer.
And unfortunately its internal keyer tolerances are off at the extreme
ends.
Dots too short, dashes too long.
It uses the standard Curtis weighting control scheme (adjust both dot &
dashes at same time).
So its impossible to fix the problem...must use external keyer.
Its also not accurate in its wpm either

The K2 is very close to alive - passed smoke test yesterday.
I see from the manual that the weighting control is for dots only.
This is a step up from the Curtis scheme.

Do any of you ever fuss over this enough to look at your keyer on a
scope, or am I the only retentive one in the bunch :~]

Thanks
Duane
N1BBR

Keying Weight (DOT)
DOT sets the internal keyer's dot/space ratio (keying weight). The
range is 0.90 -1.40 , roughly 90% to 140% of "normal" weighting.
The default is 1.10 .
--
 bw...@fastmail.net