Evert,

Yes, I believe using the AUX RF BNC is the preferred solution for your case.
If the main receiver will be on a lower frequency than the sub, the low
pass filters will be set for the main RX/TX and would severely attenuate
the higher frequency input to the Sub RX.

It may make your external antenna connections or switching scheme a bit
more complex, but it is one of the compromises that one must make when
tuning different bands with one transceiver.

73,
Don W3FPR