I believe the way ALC works in the rig, unless you tell it you want more, it
wouldn't do it even if you increased the capability. And it is the software
that tells it how much to put out, so unless you change the software so it will
go above 120w it won't. Unlike, say a TS850 where you just turn the ALC pot up
on the inside. Higher voltage may lower the IMD but at what cost? What does it
do to the MTBF of all the components that are rated say at 16v.

I would like to hear Wayne's thoughts as a designer on this.

Terry