Darned if I can find the "sink" specifications of the PA KEY OUT ... so I
brewed up an external T-R relay.  Better safe than sorry.  Anyone directly
switching a Collins 30L-1?

Then I fired up the amp and tuned the 30L-1 with low power out from the K2;
but when I advanced the K2 to about 20 watts out, the plate current of the
30L-1 zipped up to 800 MA.....yeow, the 811s wont last long at that rate.  Now
I know their has to be a lot of people using this combination of equipment ...
any comments?

I noticed the swr was high at 1.8:1 so the tuned input circuits of the 30L1
needs tweaking;  and of course, the ALC is open.  The 30L-1 works fine with my
S-Line by the way.

Syd - WB4W