Got up this morning, got the coffee going, and went into the shack to see
what was going on dx wise.  All standard operating procedure.

First I had trouble getting the PC to K3 serial port communication going.
This will be subject of another, less urgent, request.

After getting past that issue by reboot of the pc, I started tuning.  There
was nothing of interest on 40 so I upped the band to 30.  as soon as I
touched the band switch, the following message came on although 40m audio
was still coming through:

E 0405A8

ERR DSE

I have seen this off and on recently.  I touched the band switch again,
radio switched to 30m and I started tuning.  After a few seconds the audio
went silent.  Nothing.  Not in transmit mode.  Just no audio.  Rest of
display was normal and frequency followed tuning knob action.   I thought
"Hmmmm, this is interesting and not good".

At this point I stopped LP-Bridge and started the K3 Utility.  It
communicated via serial port OK but firmware was missing in DSP1, just
"???".  The other firmware versions were normal so I initiated a "Send all
firmware to K3" action.

MCU load started but failed.  Message appeared instructing me to cycle power
which I did.  I was able to get the K3 Utility to initiate communication
once but the MCU load failed again.

Now I am in a situation where the K3 is stuck.  When I power it on, the LCD
panel is dark.  The red XMIT LED blinks and I am unable to establish
communications with the radio.  This is true after multiple power cycles
with minutes in between.

HELP, what now?

Jim

N1NK