I was happily monitoring 14.058 this afternoon when my K2 turned itself off.
I cycled the power button and it came on enough to say ELECrAFT and to
hear a little audio, and then shut down. Then cycling the switch didn't
do anything. Or would do a little.

I figured it was causing F1 to reset. Put it on the bench and sure enough,
it's drawing about 5.6A ... the manual is not terribly helpful about
diagnosing.

I opened it up and started removing boards. Can't really find anything.
It would have been too easy if something in the battery charging circuitry
had shorted ... With the switch "ON", +12V shows 105 ohms to ground.
That can't be good.

I'm not really sure how to diagnose this. The PA transistors seem
like a place to start: the emitters are grounded, when the switch
is OFF, the collectors have about 100 ohms to ground (can that be
right?) , the base about 134 ohms.

Suggestions would be quite welcome.

73 de chris K6DBG