With my K3 terminated in a dummy load and the preamp off, I can just
barely hear the decoder pulses.  I checked it in both CW and SSB, and I
set both modes to 1 KHz bandwidth and adjusted the shift for the same
center frequency of 600 Hz.  With the preamp on they are more
noticeable, making the S-meter briefly tick up to about S2 if I tune
quickly.  When I stop tuning, of course, the pulses disappear so I'm not
sure they would ever actually hinder me from making a QSO.

Here's an interesting quirk ... possibly just my imagination but I don't
think so.  I have the subreceiver installed, and if I engage it so that
I can simultaneously hear the main receiver in my left ear and the
subreceiver in my right ear, tuning the subreceiver across 28005 creates
louder decoder pulses in the main receiver than it does in the
subreceiver.  Then again, I have never found as many birdies in the
subreceiver as I have found in the main receiver, and those I've found
in the subreceiver are at least ten db weaker than their main receiver
counterparts.

I do not hear any birdie at that frequency, though.  If I listen very,
very hard with the preamp on, I can hear a tone just under the
background noise, but I have to tune the VFO to hear the changing pitch
in order to detect it.  Without the preamp on, it is impossible to hear
it at all.  It isn't a birdie, though ... the pitch changes smoothly and
slowly as I tune across it.  I have found (and removed via SIG RMV) a
few other birdies on 10m, on my rig 28005 isn't one of them.

I do believe that tuning artifacts vary quite a bit from K3 to K3,
though, so you may be experiencing a much greater problem than I am.  If
so, you may want to consider making an audio recording of it so that the
rest of us can hear it.

73,
Dave   AB7E