From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of rfenab...@gmail.com
Sent: 05 April 2009 08:04
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 band buttons

FWIW I think Elecraft would achieve a lot more if they made a Keypad
Interface with "Programmable Keys" to enable users to "create" their own
unique way of operating.

As I see it the radio simply does not have the number of available
keys/knobs to be able make a lot of features "easy" to use.

I just upgraded to the latest FW and lo and behold the Squelch operation
appears to be a long press of the Config button followed by a twiddle of the
VFO, if this is the way it works I am not impressed, the knob states SQL/RF
so I did not expect to have to use a button as well.

I find all these two button presses becoming tiresome and I worry that the
K3 will become to demanding to use and end up being relegated to second
place in the shack.

I don't want a PC running my radio and if I did I would have bought a Flex
for example.

I hope Elecraft are thinking about these issues as I believe that as time
goes by the K3 will become just another menu driven radio that is too
difficult to use daily.

Gary,
S/N 679
Sent via BlackBerryR from Telstra