I've had issues lately with MFJ as well.  Last year I ordered a Vectronics
keyer kit.  It works fine but, the cabinet was punched wrong.  The holes
didn't even match the kit.  I called and was told they would send one.  I
waited two or three months and called again.  This time I was told that they
are waiting on aluminum.  It's been almost a year now and I haven't received
it.  I also bought an antenna analyser a couple of years ago.  It quit working
after a month and I had to send it back for repair.  It took about three
months before I got it back and it wasn't even the one that I had sent them.
 Apparently I must have gotten someone else's.  Over the last 25 years, I have
had to send at least 90% of there stuff back for repair or repair it myself
and I have bought quite a bit of equipment from them.  I'm thinking how many
times do I have to hit my head against the wall before I decide it hurts?  I
think I have decided now.  It's too bad for them since we are in a depression
and I don't see how they can really afford this kind of quality at this point.