You might wish to experiment with Steward mix 35 or 40 toroids. Mix 35
has a relative permeability of 5000 and mix 40 is 10,000. Fair-Rite's 31
material has a relative permeability of 1500.

Digikey carries several sizes of toroid cores in mix 35 and 40 at
moderate price. Search DigiKey's web site for 35T or 40T to see what
they have available. For example, a 1 inch OD core is $1.19 in single
lot quantities. Smaller cores, 0.54 inch OD, are 23 cents each in single
lot.

Steward's 35 and 40 material are MnZn ferrites and will have dimensional
resonance in the HF frequency range, with the exact frequency depending
on the core dimension. I suspect that dimensional resonance won't be an
issue for a current choke at your frequency range, however. Fair-Rite
claims the 31 material, although also a MnZn ferrite, does not have
dimensional resonance. Type 43 is a NiZn ferrite and does not have
dimensional resonance in the HF frequency band.

Jack K8ZOA