Hi Jeff:

One possible problem is that if you were to accidentally press the ANT
button you would transmit into your receive antenna.

73,
Mike K2MK

jeff kb2m
Tue, 07 Apr 2009 15:44:36 -0700

 I spent the morning installing a sub rx in my K3 #1516. All is working
well. I set it up using the KAT3 ant2  as input the the sub rx. Now I'm
thinking that there is no advantage to doing it this way(other then me being
too lazy to install the aux bnc connector). Does it really matter, is there
any advantage to using the bnc as an rx only input?  I have a four way
antenna switch downstream from the K3 so there is no advantage to the ant2
not being used by the main receiver as all antennas come in through ant1.
The ant2 input would go unused otherwise. Is the bnc rx input better, is it
worth taking my K3 apart to install the BNC rx connector ? All 150 to 400
answers  welcome...

73 Jeff kb2m