I can confirm this.  I've heard it on strong SSB signals and it's easy
to demonstrate with the XG2 signal generator set to the 50uV level.
The more aggressive the NR setting, the louder the strong signals
become.  Using the XG2 and the K3's built in AFV meter, NR F1-1 gives
a 3.1 dB boost and NR F4-4 gives a 16.4 dB boost.

73
--
Joe KB8AP