On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:01:30 -0700, Mike Scott wrote:

Very good advice, Mike. Other good distributors are listed in my tutorial and
on the Fair-Rite website. The ham distributors whose names you recognize are
the WORST choices -- very expensive, very high markups. I'm hoping that WX0B
(Array Solutions) will do better. Jay said that he DOES want to sell these
parts to hams, and he has a great reputation in the ham community.

>For shopping comparison purposes here is what we paid in January of this
>year:

>--2.4 inch toroid (mix 31): $5.46 each, quantity 20

>--Biggest clamp on (Round Cable Snap-it, mix 31): $9.39 each, quantity 20.

>Tax was zero and shipping was $7.60 for entire lot.

This is the kind of pricing you should expect from a distributor for these
parts -- BUT you've got to buy in quantity to get these prices.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC