Ron Midwin wrote:
> OK I finally got my computer hooked up thru the mic in / headphones jack
> with 1/8 inch stereo cables connected to the line in/out on the K-3, and
> have it working...
>
> I also have the USB/serial adapter connected.  With this setup, I am using
> HRD and Digital Master 780 successfully.
>
> Is there a more elegant way to accomplish PSK31 on my K-3?  My PC is a HP
> Laptop running Vista.  This setup kills my computer for Skype, since it ties
> up the internal soundcard.

You could get a USB audio device and dedicate it to the radio interface,
or(/and) get a USB headset to use with Skype.

EMU-0202 is overkill for PSK, IMO - you should be able to find something
for a fraction of the cost that'd perform fine. You don't need 192kHz
sampling for this application ;)

There is a "PSK D" mode too, which supposedly allows PSK input via the
FSK pin on the accessory port, but I haven't tried that (or thought
through how it'd work).

     ~Iain / N6ML