Previous versions of K3 have loaded into my old 98 radio computer
just fine. When I attempt to run (load) utility 1.2.3.18, I receive
the following message "Windows ver 4.1.2222 or later required". A
quick check shows my 98 machine is running ver 4.10.1998. What has
changed from pervious versions of K3 utility and the latest version
that would cause this? Can the newest version be made to run on my
version of windows like the other versions have?

I normally download K3 utility and FW updates  to his super computer,
copy to disc and load into my 98 machine. I have a 10' RS232 cable
that I enables me to connect from this computer to the K3, which is
fine for FW downloads but it's kind of rough doing K3 utility work
with K3 utility and running over to the K3 to see what's going on.

I know, get a new computer, but I use DOS based SW (NA) and SO2R for
contesting and the ole 98 works fine with it's extra com and serial
ports (not usb). The 98 machine is not connected to the Internet,
it's radio dedicated.

John
k7up