Hi Andy,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Andy Faber (via Nabble)
<ml-user+67610-700681...@n2.nabble.com> wrote:

>   We have one of these at P40L-P49Y in Aruba.  It works great for switching
> beverage receive antennas between two radios.  But it's not intended for
> transmitting, so it may not fill the bill.

I believe Mike's original question (not morphed) had to do with
switching RX antennas for *diversity receive*...not for transmitting.
See below:

AE6WA wrote:

When we use diversity mode antenna switching becomes a different problem
than I have run into before. The usual antenna switch routes many antennas
to one radio port. Some of us have many antennas that need routing to two or
more radio ports.

So I could imagine a useful kit would read K3 band decode and map something
like 6 or 8 antennas to 2 or 3 ports and makes sure the K3 does not transmit
into the other radio ports.

Some attention to stations using two K3's or a second receiver might be
useful also. Not sure what this would entail because I don't operate that
way.

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2009-April/109172.html

You can connect up to 8 RX antennas to the RAS 8X2, and then feed the
two outputs to RX ANT (Main) and AUX RF (Sub).  You can then choose
any combination (even including the TX antenna on ANT1 if you tapped
RX ANT off on Main) without running the risk of RF being accidentally
sent into the K3 during TX.  This would only work for one TX antenna
at a time however unless you added additional switching.  Of course
this also assumes you have some reasonable level of isolation between
your external TX antenna and all the RX antennas.  If you didn't have
that, the RX antennas probably wouldn't work right in the first place
due to interaction effects.

73,  Bill  W4ZV