Several people asked if anything had been/was going to be announced at Visalia.
I asked at
the Elecraft booth, and the answer was "not here, but soon -- stay tuned".

They are definitely working on something, but whatever it is they are doing a
good job of
keeping it secret.

I noticed that the new K3's have what appears to be an improved finish on the
sheet-metal
parts, compared to my serial no. 0007. I also met K0PP and his XYL and admired
her soft
carrying cases for Elecraft radios.

I was impressed by a huge prop-pitch rotor at one of the exhibits. I commented
that my
dream was to have an antenna big enough need such a monster. "Move to Finland"
was the answer.

I also looked at the Yaesu and Icom radios. Icom has very nice displays. I am
hoping that
Elecraft will produce a stand-alone panadapter as cool. Yaesu's FTDX9000 evoked
one
feeling: excess! You really have to see it in person to 'appreciate' (or not)
the array of
knobs and buttons. The front panel is vast.

I saw a neat little SPE MOSFET linear amplifier which included power supply and
autotuner
in a box the size of two K3's. I think it was rated at 900w CW, but at $3850 I
am sticking
with my SB1000.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA