Matt,

Check the crimp pins in the connector housing - that is the most common
place for the probe to fail.  The pins must be inserted correctly into
the housing and the small tabs must lock into the rectangular holes in
the side of the housing.  If the wire has been inserted too far into the
crimp pin, the contact will not work correctly and will be deformed the
first time you plug it into the mating header.

73,
Don W3FPR